Friday 10 February 2017

The Logo Picture



You are probably wondering why this humongous picture of a half naked woman with three butterflies on her back is my logo picture; because even this picture has a story. The woman represents strength and vulnerability. I see this in all women. And I see strength and vulnerability in all the people who are getting Ink put onto their bodies.  I’m thinking it takes a lot of inner strength to be inspired enough to sit through someone injecting ink into your skin  and yet at the same time it is opening a door of being vulnerable. I see this vulnerability in two forms. Let me explain...the first form is that you are putting your complete trust into a person (usually a stranger) who is creating a permanent image on your body. And the second is because, in most cases, this permanent image reflects a personal part of you that others can now see. 

The three butterflies on her back are a small piece of the picture of my upcoming tattoo. These three butterflies represent my two daughters and my son. They will be at a much smaller scale for my tattoo though. They are the catalyst of my personal transformation. The butterfly is the universal symbol of transformation. 

The blue surrounding the woman represents water, signifying an uncharted voyage, one that can be on the surface, or one that can dive to deep levels of understanding. Sometimes simplicity isn’t so simple. 

#tattoo #logo  #children  #butterfly  #strength  #vulnerability #transformation

No comments:

Post a Comment