Saturday 18 February 2017

The Warriors Pose



While I was in University, I noticed my fellow classmate, Meghan, was very good at drawing. I eventually asked her if she wouldn't mind doing a rough sketch of an image that I had envisioned for a tattoo.  Being the great kid that she was (she is a young woman now), she said she wouldn’t mind at all. That was eight or ten years ago. Back then, I was a single mom going to school as a mature student. I’m still a single mom, and I still haven’t gotten the tattoo...but I still have the picture. At that time, I was healing from life's struggles and wanted a tattoo that would represent my strength, my transformation and my children. It wasn’t until years later that I would come to understand the full significance of this image that my subconscious had created. I have always been a magical kind of creature in the playful sense; small framed, curious, and mystic by nature. I came to realize the faerie who is in the Warrior Pose represented the inner strength I drew upon and that I would always be transforming. The waves of energy that are entering via the hind hand and exiting via the front hand represent the chi energy that flows through us. We become the expansion of that breath. As I mentioned in my other post, the butterflies represent my three children who are the catalyst for my personal transformation. Anyone who has a child understands very well how everything in your life changes once you have a child. Not only does this include lifestyle, but values and humility. 


Maybe twice through the years, I have come across this picture still hiding in the safe place I tucked away in.  I have often wondered when the time would come when it would finally become a fixed part of me. Then in September when I was tossing the idea around if this was the right time to get moving on this project, I just happened to come across the picture. I believe in signs of synchronicity. The decision was clear. 

I am thinking to have the faerie in black and grey tones and the butterflies in colour.

I have done some alterations to the original picture, and I am sure the person who will be the artist to place it upon me will also be offering his or her personal touch. But I would love to share with you all the picture that kept this dream alive. Thank you Meghan Taylor!


I would like to give a shout out to Meghan's work. Please check her out at HERE and HERE



#faerie  #fairy  #tattoo  #Inkart  #transformation  #momsloveink


No comments:

Post a Comment