Thursday 16 March 2017

Creating More Content

Personal journey entry #6

I decided to add interviews with tattoo artists as a new feature to my blog. I am doing this for a couple of reasons. One, these interviews help to keep my work more interesting and I get to learn about the Ink industry at face value. 

The second reason is that it isn’t easy to find women who want to share their tattoo stories with the world. I know lots of ladies with tattoos, but it seems a wall comes up when the pen and camera come out. But that is ok. I respect people’s privacy and comfort levels. One thing I have learned and have faith in is that the right person will come at the right time. When I was creating my book Church Street … where hope grows, the ongoing joke was that the book was choosing the people. Many of the meetings we had with our participants just fell into place. Therefore, I am going to have faith that this project Tattoo: the pictures story will be no different. And so far it has been this way. My participants Chanel and Bailey were completely like this. I met Chanel on a bus coming home one day, and Bailey was working at a store I was shopping in. Fate just brought us together. 

Yesterday was another example of things just falling into place. In the early afternoon, I headed over to the Shambhala Tattoos on 104 St. The woman there was very friendly, but also a bit cautious, and that’s ok, she doesn’t know me. She was helpful and let me leave my information and hopefully they will get back to me. But after that, I just couldn’t head home empty handed, so I got off the bus a few stops before my own and headed into the neighborhood tattoo shop Platinum Ink on 82 Ave. To my surprise, three young men greeted me. They were all super nice and one of them agreed to do an interview with me. How awesome is that!
       (Platinum Ink, 8939 82Ave, Edmonton.)

These interviews with the tattoo artists are for my blog only, so therefore it doesn’t matter to me if they are male or female. I think men can add an interesting perspective pertaining to women in the Ink Culture / Community. I was sure in the end to include questions that were focused on women.

And the third reason, I just like to talk to people. Therefore, I hope my viewers will enjoy them as much as I do. 

Have a great day!
Patricia

#blog  #tattoos  #bodyart  #yeg  #inksociety  #artwork  #guyswithtattoos  #girlswithtattoos  #inkedup  #inked  #tattooshops  #interviews  

No comments:

Post a Comment