Wednesday 5 April 2017

Edmonton Tattoo & Art Festival 2017: Entertainment



One of the things I love about going to festivals or trade shows is the organized entertainment that shakes the place up and makes it come alive. We all know that a good lineup of entertainment will bring in more people.  And the Edmonton Tattoo & Art Festival was no different. Although it was a whole weekend affair, I was only able to be there on Saturday April 1st from 2pm - 6:30pm. But I made sure to absorb everything that I saw and watch every show that came onto the stage. 

The Host for the weekend Entertainment was Brennan Doucet. Brennan lives here in Edmonton and is a male burlesque performer. He also had a show on the main stage called The  Beau Creep Show. As theatrical as Brennan was with his dark and demonic makeup, he really seemed like a pretty sweet young guy to me. 




The first performance I saw was HighKicks, a two man Rock band from Calgary. With Danny Vacon on guitar and vocals and Matt Doherty on drums, they put on a great show with their stage presence. It is amazing how much sound and completion can come out of a two man band. I would definitely go watch them again in a bar setting. 


The 3pm show was supposed to be Lucky Diamond Rich, the most tattooed man in the world. Unfortunately, Lucky Rich, apparently had some complications at the airport and was not permitted to come to Edmonton. Not sure what the details are on that one, but I for one was disappointed in not being able to meet him. He’s one of the few people I did have some questions for. Oh well, all things have their seasons and reasons. 

The next performance, well it wasn’t actually a performance, but it was entertaining, was a wedding. Yes a wedding. Dawn and Brent decided to take their vows on stage at the Tattoo Festival. My guess is that the Tattoo Festival must have some kind of a sentimental nostalgia for them. I thought it was charming that they set up chairs in front of the stage for Dawn and Brent’s personal guests to sit during the ceremony. And the wedding party ranging from adults to children looked wonderful in the black and purple attire. Being that it was a wedding, I didn’t want to go bugging the guests to get the personal scoop, although now, I wish I did. 

The performance by Infuego an original Bassbuss Production was quite excellent. For the first moment it seemed a bit slow moving, but then I realized they were actually telling a story. Three young men and two young women narrate a story of Egyptian power, treason and loyalty. Enacted with dance, lots of fire, acrobatics and fireworks, the story played out. And in the end I was theatrically satisfied. Congratulations to  Joey 'Ero' Vedres, Landon Waters, Luna Ivana, Rachel Lee and Noah Weigel. For a great performance. 

The last show that I personally saw was quite entertaining. It was The Bombshell Brigade Cabaret featuring NOIR. This was a three woman burlesque show that was performed with the musicians NOIR. NOIR consists of three guys: Rusty Meeks, Juicy Jamey and Reggie Suave. The trio was an interesting combination consisting of bongo drums, a saxophone and a DJ electric sound. The beautiful ladies, Daisy DeVille, Miss Randi Lee, and Rubyq(?) entranced their audience with traditional burlesque entertainment. Each lady had her own personal set and then the three joined for a final performance.  I am a big fan of burlesque because I find it to be humorous and engaging with a twist of respectable sassy sexy.


There was of course more entertainment consisting of musicians like Sam Spades, Marleana Moore, and Bambooloo. One of the famous people I did see was a young woman named Sara X Mills. Sara X Mills is a beautiful model who has become famous from the TV show Das Supertalent 2016 and internet sensation for her special talent. This gorgeous young woman can make her boobs dance to music. I might want to add that she wears a beautiful collection of tattoos.  I never got to speak with her due to her being quite busy, but from what I could see, she seemed like a pretty cute young lady with an adorable personality. I would like to end this blog post with Sara’s Easter YouTube video for you. 




#Edmonton  #Tattoo  #Entertainment  #burlesque  #badassbabes  #ArtFestival  #BrennanDoucet  #theatrical  #Highkick  #bands  #weddings  #BassBusProduction  #Infuego  #Noir  #SaraXMills  #Festivals 








No comments:

Post a Comment