Sunday 16 April 2017

Spring Greetings


I just took a week or two off from my writing. One thing about many of us writers is that we are deep contemplative creatures. I must admit that I am a perfectionist which is very much the irony of my life because I am actually adhd / dyslexic. In other words, I can never perfect my writing when it comes to never having some kind of a technical writing error. I’m pretty sure somewhere along the way I have mentioned that I have a degree in Communications in Professional Writing. This piece of paper means a lot to me due to the history of my pre-education. In grade nine I was in a special needs class for English and struggled through my other classes. Back then in the 80’s adhd / dyslexic was not being diagnosed. Instead kids like me were just called Daydreamers or defiant. So when I was accepted into the Grant MacEwan University it was like winning the lottery. Completing the degree program was life altering for me on many levels. It made me feel like I could accomplish anything, and it sent me in the direction of becoming an author. 

But I just came to realize that being an author is just one of the small steps of this journey. Books are basically a product that reflect what someone has learned and pieced together. As writers,  we share that knowledge with others. Then the time comes where we start all over again. Another journey. Another adventure of the mind. 

Now that I am working on this project pertaining to tattoos, I feel that I need to pull upon some other techniques of writing such as journalism. But being a bit of a perfectionist has caused me to review my direction and capabilities. Therefore, I am now enrolled in the Journalism online course with the Michigan State University. I have to tell you, I am very excited about this. I have always been fascinated with journalism and am thrilled to have this opportunity. The best part is that it will give me the tools I need in order to perform my best with the project Tattoo:The Pictures Story.  

Being that I embrace the Spring as the official time of the New Year …  Spring Blessings to all of you on your new adventures !!!!!!

#spring #beginnings  #journalism  #writerslife  #adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment