Sunday 16 April 2017

Edmonton Tattoo & Arts Festival : Vendors

One of the things I absolutely love about going to trade shows, festivals and markets is to check out the vendors who are selling their wares. In my youth, I use to be a street vendor and I know how hard it can be to make a small living.  I use to make jewelry and also sell imported accessories in Miami, New York and in Switzerland. My business adventure was a little more renegade than an actual organized vendor at an event, but the job itself isn’t that much different. Long hours and always hopeful the spectator will purchase something. 


Before I was at the tattoo convention, I was curious as to what kind of vendors they would have. My guess was clothing, jewelry, and ink supplies. Once at the tattoo convention, the first vendor I came across was quite possibly my favorite.  It was an artist from British Columbia.

  Simon Haiduk is an incredible artist that combines psychedelic energy patterns with spirit animals in the most beautiful way. He projects his creations onto canvas prints, tapestries, blankets and apparel. I found Simon’s work to be alluring and demand your eyes attention to explore the depth of the picture. There was a warm and calming presence surrounding his gallery.  I highly recommend people to check out his work. https://simonhaiduk.com/

There were definitely clothing vendors at the show, some sporting t-shirts that tattoo artists have done, some vendors had unique face mask apparel, and the one that really caught my eye was called Bad Apple Clothing. To be honest, the clothes were pretty cool, but not the kind of stuff I would personally wear. But what did make me gravitate to their goods was the Hurst bookmarked by two skeleton dogs. Thumbs up for theatrics and props! 

There were other really great entrepreneurs displaying their services like The Witchery with crystals and spell bags, a psychic, and an older gentleman selling Mr. Jerky. I thought the tooth fairy Collection was pretty cool. They were in the service of applying rhinestones or jewelry onto teeth. I was intrigued with the Mammoth Beard Co. Beards can look really great on some men, but lets face it (ooh there’s a pun), beards need to be taken proper care of on a hygienic level. I’m hoping he sold lots of products. One of my other favorite spots was the Pixie Glassworks. A family business of handcrafted figurines and jewelry made from blown glass. There was such intricate detailed work.

And of course there were vendors who were selling products that were tattoo connected. The Tattoo You station was selling and applying Temp Tattoos. I personally like these because for one they are great for kids, and it is also an easy way for a person to see if they would really like to get a tattoo, or where they would like to apply a tattoo. There were also vendors who were selling varieties of ink which would of course be of great interest to the tattoo artists themselves. I was in awe of all the colours that are available.  Another tattoo related station was the H2Ocean Skin Care people. Unfortunately the sound system was really close to this guy who was the vendor, so I wasn’t able to have a good conversation with him because of the volume of the music. But he did make clear that skin care, both before and after is very important. This man came all the way from Florida to be here in Edmonton. I couldn’t resist taking a photo of the tattoo on his head. He was such a good sport. After all, this event was about the tattoos.


#tattoos #Edmonton #vendors 

No comments:

Post a Comment