Sunday 18 June 2017

Mums Never Forget

Pat



Hi Pat! That is an interesting tattoo on your leg.  Flowers, butterfly and an Elephant. Would you like to share with us what this all means to you?


Sure, I got this tattoo about seven or eight years ago.

I have always had an affinity for elephants. I’ve been collecting elephants since I was a kid because I have always liked their strength and their grace at the same time. So that is why I got the little elephant in there. The lilies at the bottom were my wedding flower, I had white lilies in my wedding bouquet but white doesn’t transfer well into tattoos, so I went with the red. And then my dad, he passed away when I was pregnant with my daughter and he always liked primroses, so these primroses are in his memory. The butterfly is a swallowtail butterfly. My husband and I took a picture of one with some lilacs. We always find a little butterfly. Normally the swallowtail is yellow with blue ends but we did it in the reverse. (laughs)  This tattoo basically circumferences my family and parts of my life, and that is what I am all about … my family. I am going to get one that symbolizes my kids one day.

End

#tattoos #womenwithtattoos #elephants #legtattoos #moms #butterflytattoos #primrosetattoo #family

No comments:

Post a Comment