Thursday 29 June 2017

Random Tattoos in Edmonton

Taking random tattoos seems to be working out well for me. I have to admit that it would be nice if I had a better phone camera as not all the pictures are of good quality. But having said that, due to these photos being random, the lighting and the quick moment to take a picture is not always ideal for photography. Some of these tattoos are pretty old and do not have the quality of what is being produced today.  So these pictures are truly raw and unrehearsed. I hope this understanding will give the viewers a better appreciation for these awesome people sharing their tattoos.  Tattoos come in all shapes and sizes ... just like their canvas. 





1. The High Seas: These three pictures were taken of a young woman who works in a retail store. She loves marine creatures.  With a hammerhead shark on her foot and a sailing ship with sea creatures on her arm, she makes her passions known. 

   















Also, this young woman has the tattoo "no one heals without a struggle". I think she is right. The process is exhausting before the liberation. 


                                        








2. The next two pictures were taken of a Soccer Mom at a community tournament. The first tattoo I called The Rose & Dagger. The second one I call Timeless because, well for obvious reasons being it is a clock piece, but the pun is that it is still work in progress. She will be continuing to have it filled in. 






3. For all you Doctor Who fans out there, here is the classic icon of the Tardis. I met this young woman while she was working in a retail store. Who says you can't get a job with tattoos!



This lovely young woman also has a bit of poetry inked onto her left shoulder. 


"Living is easy with eyes closed,
Misunderstanding all you see."












4.  The Old Timer I met this old man on a bus. He told me his tattoo was becoming rare because only so many of the guys who got it are still alive. His tattoo is of the Canadian Tri Forces emblem. After researching his name, I discovered he is a poet. I am trying to locate him to do an interview. 



5.  Storm in a Tea Cup.  I met this lady while I was at a medi-center. She was working at the front desk as a medical assistant. You see, women with tattoos do have great jobs! I was thrilled she took the time to let me take a photo of her tattoo and explained what it was. 
























6. The Angry Wolf      I met this woman in a local retail store. Since we are in the middle of scheduling an interview, I won't give anything away here. Such a daring and confident young woman. 
















7.  While meandering in the grocery store, I happened to spot this man who had just gotten off work and was picking up a bite to eat. Hence,  End of the Work Day. 











8. This one is from an interview that I did with Pat. I met Pat at a professional optical center where I was a customer. It was really generous of her to do an interview with me. This one is An Elephant Never Forgets. 












#womenwithtattoos  #menwithtattoos  #yeg #Edmonton #writerslife #randomtattoos #people #bodyart #bodyink #artisticminds #interviewingpeople #creativeminds #bloggingtattoos #tattooswithmeaning #communications #poetry #inspirational #meetingpeople

No comments:

Post a Comment