Monday 5 June 2017

Proud Dad



While at the Edmonton Play-On ball hockey tournament this weekend, I noticed one of my son’s teammates’ Dad had both arms tattooed.  As I took photos of his arms for my Random Tattoos of Edmonton, he began to describe what his tattoos were about. The colourful images of skeleton creatures began to take on a new shape as I had a new insight as to what they represented.


At first, the blue waves of ink with the two skeleton fish with red eyes, snapping their teeth looked intimidating and raw, but then the image began to soften with the knowledge that it represents the astrological water sign of the Pisces which honors Jason’s son Logan.  The red symbol in the middle is the traditional symbol for Pisces. Having his son’s name etched into the picture was a nice touch.


On his other arm, Jason displays the fiery oranges and reds of the astrological fire sign Leo. The traditional symbol of the Leo stands out in a picture of flames and a skeleton lion image. This work of art is to honor his daughter CayLey who is a Leo. I apologize for not getting the full image of the lion in the photo, as I was focused on his daughter's name and the symbol of the Leo. I should have checked the images before moving on.


I thought Jason’s tattoos were a great example of how one person’s idea of an image being a little raw and scary can be another person’s idea of beautiful artwork that has loving endearment. It’s all about perspective. And another great example of how not to judge the tough-looking tattooed guy.

#menwithtattoos #playonballhockey #Edmonton #yeg #Pisces #Leo #tattoos #bodyart #astrologytattoos #dads

No comments:

Post a Comment