Monday 19 June 2017

Personal Post


I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of those who have gifted me their time and trust to do personal interviews. I value each sentence, consonant, and vowel. It is my pleasure to provide you with a platform to speak your stories. It’s a wonderful part of the human connection of serving each other.

And THANK YOU to those of you who so sweetly allow me to take your photos for the #random #tattoos of #Edmonton. You people are awesome. I really enjoy doing this!

I have been up and running for a couple of months now and have been slowly building momentum as I putter along. In this short time, I have learned a few things about the Tattoo Community and about myself personally. In the beginning, I was trying to be all organized and create a structured space. Why? Because I’ve been told that  I am a person who needs to create structure in order to stay focused on moving forward. Well … I finally figured out that this is true only to a point. What I really discovered is that I am a very creative person who needs to have lots of flexibility or else I feel the walls of that structure closing in. An example of this is when I decided to just focus on women’s stories. Yes, love the women’s stories, as they are personal and inspiring. I value sisterhood. And it is good for narrowing the audience as a business decision. But geese, the guys have great stories too. By just focusing on the women, I feel that I could be limiting the space of where this project could lead me. So you will notice that I have been including men’s stories as well. Another thing I discovered is that the poet in me is pouting. So I am now working on a poetry project that is inspired by tattoos. This is very exciting for me.

So now, my new structure question is this: Does it have anything to do with a tattoo? If the answer is yes, then I’m in my structure. LMAO   And then,  I can do whatever I feel inspired to do. Pursuing a career as a writer and entrepreneur is a journey into getting to understand the world of creative business, but also a journey of getting to know one’s self as well. Each day brings surprises, challenges, and inspiration.


#inspired #inspiring #thankyou #gratitude #tattoos #writerslife #entrepreneur #projects

No comments:

Post a Comment